January 2011

Has it really been almost two months since I did a blog? Wow!

A lot has happened since Thanksgiving. Christmas came and went in the blink of an eye. The girls helped decorate the house and tree and almost nothing got broken (I was able to glue the stocking hanger back together and you almost can't tell that Rudolph only has three legs). They loved helping mommy put the ornaments on the tree. Meanwhile, Matt tried for over an hour to find the burned out light we left on the upper roof of the house all year. With numb hands he finally gave up and we left the lights off this year. Neither one of us felt bad about it, since a few of our neighbors had enough to make up for us that didn't put any up. The girls received letters from Santa with reference to their school friends and the toys they asked for, which they were really excited about reading.

Christmas was a ton of fun! We were lucky to get to spend it with a lot of family, including both grandparents in Pasco. Christmas morning started about 5:15am with Elizabeth's excited “Santa was here! Santa was here.” We were all showered with gifts and just a few of our favorites were: Becca's matching Cinderella doll and dress, E's MP3 player (sometimes I cannot believe she is only four), a family history album and a flip video camera.

We got to spend about a week with Matt's brother, Dan, and his girlfriend, Cecilee. I had to work, but Matt and the girls had the whole week off at home. They took the girls tubing at Mount Spokane, saw the movie Tangled again and spent and afternoon at Riverfront Park using the last of our Carousel tickets. It was so good to see Uncle Dan and Cecilee! We miss him so much and cant wait to see him again!

Unlike last winter, it started snowing and didn't stop until there was almost a foot of snow and all in one day! The negative temperatures have kept it around for a while, too.

We had some amazingly FUN friends over New Years. Nothing big, but still a lot of fun! We had a blast playing games, inhaling the "Great meatBalls of Fire" and Apple Pie and sweating to Just Dance! I even won a round or two!

The girls still love Gymnastics and have Mini Olympics next weekend. We cannot wait to watch their routines. I'm sure to have video up next month, too.

With the new abundance of toys, in addition to the already overwhelming pink that was our basement, we decided to regain the downstairs and give the girls their own playroom. They had two twin beds in E's room for over a week until the bunk-beds arrived. Matt and I put them together without a single fight (not a big surprise). What a team! The girls love them and their room! From just sharing a room and the week together at home they seem SUPER close. They play together better than ever. I rarely see them fight or argue with each-other (something rare from my sister and myself at that age). I hope it continues!

Lastly and on a personal note, I have been going through a particularly interesting time in my life. A lot of evaluating and thought are going behind who I am and what I want. Matt has been amazing, as have some truly inspirational friends. I hope that I can be there for my friends and family as they have been for me. I know its going to be a long ride, but I am looking forward to taking the trip.