I am divorced. It is a reality I am still adjusting to. There are times it is not easy. My habits, routine and overall lifestyle have changed. My friends have changed. My home has changed. I have changed.
I went through my divorce with little-to-no advice. At times I felt I was alone. I was judged by people around me, including my closest friends and family. I was abandoned by loved ones. I was made to feel ashamed of my life and choices. I struggled with depression. I went from married to divorced to dating. All three phases have brought new feelings and experiences, both good and bad.
With the new year approaching, so does a new beginning; a new confidence; a new start. I will build new friendships. I will reconnect with lost friends. I will try not to cry as often. I will laugh more. I will continue to play with my children and I will continue to be a good mom. I will grow and learn. In 2012 I will still be a divorced mother of two children, but I am not going to let that define who I am.
My New Year's resolutions are to: try not to worry about what other people think as much, not be as much of a control freak, learn to relax and take time for me, listen to my kids more, not be scared to love and be loved, communicate with patience, listen with my heart, and most importantly let God use me as he wishes.
I pray that the people in my life will be in good health, good company and sincerely happy throughout the holidays and the year to come.
I learned today that even the people I see on a regular basis, although smiling and talkative, may be going through a struggle in their life. I have been there - I have gone through a struggle and hid it from the people around me. I am still recovering. I hope that my friends, family and even acquaintances would feel they are able to come to me to talk or for help. I pray for confidence in saying I will not judge you. I have a heart and want to share my love, compassion and support with you. If you need a friend to talk to, cry with, hug or just need a distraction I hope you feel comfortable enough to come to me, especially if you ever feel you are alone. All my love, Jennifer