June was such an exciting month! Lizzie finished kindergarten and toured the elementary school where she will be starting 1st grade. She actually had to miss the last week of school, so her amazing teacher made her last week a little extra special for her. We love Mrs. Grummons!
Of the most exciting things we have done this year, we celebrated my grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary! This was our first "family vacation" and boy did we make it a big one! From taking the girls to Sea World, Disneyland and the beach to and seeing a lot of the McGillis/Gilfillan family, we made the most of the week in sunny southern California! Congratulations to Granma and Papa on 50 years together - what a beautiful accomplishment. As if 50 years doesn't sound impressive enough, my mom and sister made a photo video to show what has become from their lives together. Click here to view the video.
Since it has been more than three months, I have to admit that the details are starting to leave me. Also, since I am four months behind on my blogging and photo sharing, I think it would be quickest if I breakdown what happened in the month in a short and sweet summary. I will do my best at remembering what I can...
One of my closest and craziest friends, Jeanette, treated me to an LMFAO concert for my 29th birthday! We had such a GREAT time! People dress so crazy to these things! Thanks Jeanette! I had SO much fun with you!!
Lizzie has been losing teeth like crazy, but one still needed a little help. It was consistantly loose, but she was refusing to wiggle it out. The adult tooth was more than ready to come out, so the dentist decided to pull it. He is truly amazing! She was awake for the entire thing, but if you asked her she would tell you it just fell out. The things they can do today are incredible!
Lizzie has become quite the little runner and LOVES it! She ran the Dirty Dash along with my mom, sister and Matt. She didn't get as muddy as she would have liked, and I heard the obstacles were a bit much for a six year-old, but she had a good time and is looking forward to doing more events like this.
The girls came back from California in time for their first music recital. Becca sang while playing the piano to "All Around the Mulberry Bush" and Lizzie played "When the Saints Go Marching In" on her guitar. Both girls were ready (Becca had even played the piece so many times that she knew the music by memory), but it was still comforting to have their teachers there to help while playing in front of a bunch of strangers. Lizzie did so well being brave! Although she has a bit of stage freight, you wouldn't have been able to tell once she sat down with her teacher and started playing. They continued lessons throughout the summer.
Of the most exciting things we have done this year, we celebrated my grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary! This was our first "family vacation" and boy did we make it a big one! From taking the girls to Sea World, Disneyland and the beach to and seeing a lot of the McGillis/Gilfillan family, we made the most of the week in sunny southern California! Congratulations to Granma and Papa on 50 years together - what a beautiful accomplishment. As if 50 years doesn't sound impressive enough, my mom and sister made a photo video to show what has become from their lives together. Click here to view the video.
Since it has been more than three months, I have to admit that the details are starting to leave me. Also, since I am four months behind on my blogging and photo sharing, I think it would be quickest if I breakdown what happened in the month in a short and sweet summary. I will do my best at remembering what I can...
One of my closest and craziest friends, Jeanette, treated me to an LMFAO concert for my 29th birthday! We had such a GREAT time! People dress so crazy to these things! Thanks Jeanette! I had SO much fun with you!!
Lizzie has been losing teeth like crazy, but one still needed a little help. It was consistantly loose, but she was refusing to wiggle it out. The adult tooth was more than ready to come out, so the dentist decided to pull it. He is truly amazing! She was awake for the entire thing, but if you asked her she would tell you it just fell out. The things they can do today are incredible!
Lizzie has become quite the little runner and LOVES it! She ran the Dirty Dash along with my mom, sister and Matt. She didn't get as muddy as she would have liked, and I heard the obstacles were a bit much for a six year-old, but she had a good time and is looking forward to doing more events like this.
The girls came back from California in time for their first music recital. Becca sang while playing the piano to "All Around the Mulberry Bush" and Lizzie played "When the Saints Go Marching In" on her guitar. Both girls were ready (Becca had even played the piece so many times that she knew the music by memory), but it was still comforting to have their teachers there to help while playing in front of a bunch of strangers. Lizzie did so well being brave! Although she has a bit of stage freight, you wouldn't have been able to tell once she sat down with her teacher and started playing. They continued lessons throughout the summer.
The week went by even faster with both girls going to Eastpoint's Vacation Bible School. At first they were a little timid about the music being so loud, but by the last day my girls were among the loudest singers and biggest dancers. I had to buy the CD and we are still enjoying the VBS songs in the car (in September) with movements and everything!
On Friday, the girls and I enjoyed a special movie together. We watched the trailer for "Brave" months ago and were very much looking forward to seeing the movie. In fact, we were the first ones in line at the theater and smart Mommy that I am, I had printed the tickets out before arriving and they got to pick their seats. Disney did not let us down! What a terrific movie! And what a great movie to watch with my daughters (and for them to watch with their Mommy). We definitely had some extra special bonding moments during and after the movie. :)
As if June wasn't busy enough already, Stephen's best friend's sister (follow me there?) was getting married on the Oregon coast. On our way to Lincoln City, Stephen and I drove to Portland and spent some time with his family. Stephen endured the traditional Father's Day Hike (I say endured only because I know nothing of the trip other than that it was the guys going on a hike) and I spent the day shopping with my lovely Jamie! (I miss you too much Jamie!) We joined again to enjoy some time in downtown Portland with one of Stephen's brothers, Alex, where we visited the famous VooDoo Donuts (yes, they really did put bacon on a maple bar, and yes, it really is amazing.). Before the wedding, we got to spend some time with Justin at the outlet mall (Yay! Another outlet mall! That makes two in one week!) and enjoyed the sunset with mother-of-the-bride, Colleen. Brittany got married on the beach late afternoon on Monday. They approached me on Sunday asking if I would take pictures, and luckily Stephen and I had just purchased a new lens for my Nikon that I was dying to play with! I took well over 500 pictures, but only felt happy with about 300. Click here if you want to see pictures of the Cunningham wedding. While in Oregon, Stephen and I stayed at the Salishan, which is a neat little lodge located just south of Lincoln City. It was perfectly located for a bike ride to the beach, which we took full advantage of before heading home.
While in Oregon, Matt took the girls to Tiffany's Resort on Curlew Lake with Nana. Although she didn't catch anything, I think Lizzie really enjoyed fishing off the dock.
And, as if we didn't miss our home or poor pup, Mojo, we left for yet another great weekend. We spent a night in Wenatchee/Leavenworth with the Nall family. They are so much fun! From the Hat Shop, fishing off the dock (and not catching anything), drinking/dancing, good food, Grace and her games, and just relaxing we had another great weekend! And we got to meet Gina and James - love you two!
We also love the DiCicco's! Dan and Charlotte took us around Lake Couer D'Alene showing us where all the celebs and giant houses are. Completing the ride with Huckleberry daquari's at Fast Eddie's. We had such a great time out on the boat, that Stephen decided to take a piece of the dock home to remember it by. Next time I think he will remember to pick up his feet instead.
And I'm not bragging, but I finally finished the girl's banner!! (at least one of them) Their room looks awesome as is, so I think I am going to call it good until I find myself bored (I doubt that will happen any time soon).
And I'm not bragging, but I finally finished the girl's banner!! (at least one of them) Their room looks awesome as is, so I think I am going to call it good until I find myself bored (I doubt that will happen any time soon).
June 2012 Pictures