Where did August go?

The girls finished their swim lessons and then started the camps!
Becca had been begging to do ballet, but with our crazy schedule (and her fickle mind - yes, she is like her mommy) we hadn't signed her up for a full class. The week-long ballet princess camp was perfect for us all! The instructor let me stay in on one of the classes and take pictures, since Becca wasn't clingy or distracted by me there. They learned a few routines, including "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "Teddy Bear." She had a great time, but after the week was over she chose to continue in gymnastics instead of take on ballet. Matt and I are both very happy with her decision, although we have no intentions of turning this into a competition sport. An added bonus: one of Becca's favorite friends from preschool is in her gymnastics class! Oh, I should probably mention that Becca is going to a different gymnastics studio than before - and we LOVE it!

Lizzie asked to do a soccer camp, so not only did we sign her up for the British soccer camps, but Stephen and I hosted the two coaches for the week! Joe and Terry were a lot of fun, although I could barely understand what Terry was saying. Both the girls really enjoyed visiting (and jumping/climbing) on them, and we hope to host one or two coaches again next year. Lizzie was the youngest of the camp, but she kept up with the big kids and her soccer has not only improved, but she loves the sport.  Fall soccer started and her team, the Supergirls, are the same group of girls, some of which are in her 1st grade class or she sees at her school. She loves soccer and usually asks to play defense, although their league doesn't really have assigned positions, yet.

Becca's birthday missed the cut-off for Kindergarten by a few weeks, so she had to go through some testing by the school district.  Of course she passed! and I am not surprised - she is one smart kiddo! I don't know what I would have done with her for an entire year had she not passed the evaluation, because she already finished preschool and was reading and writing at almost the same level as Lizzie (I sometimes forget that she is 19 months younger).

Also in August, Uncle Dan visited for a week, Lizzie started learning to ride her bike without training wheels, I was elected onto the board for the Kindergarten Center's PTO, I began preparing Becca's birthday, and Stephen and I started rehearsals for the fall play!

August 2012 Pictures