Ok, so I am not that big into basketball, nor have I yet to go completely mad, but this month has already been jammed packed with events and activities to make a mother go crazy.
Becca is done with Preschool! That's right, I am now home with my little four-year-old all day!! Rebecca is a PURE JOY! I love her to pieces!!! She loves her piano lessons, where her instructor told me not to purchase the workbook, as she is already half-way through what normally takes students her age the whole year! I am pretty sure the bubblegum treat is her motivation. Becca is also reading to me at almost the same rate as Lizzie. I have to remind myself she is still four sometimes. The last few weeks we have been working on her opening the car door on her own (a weird challenge maybe to some, but a challenge for her nonetheless) and she is doing much better. She is so strong and just needs a little encouragement and motivation.
Lizzie is pretty strong, too, but that didn't stop her from falling off the top bunk-bed while leaning over and playing with Becca. She landed smack on her forehead! No stitches or running to the ER was needed this time, but Mommy paranoia kicked in ... and the girls love the new bedroom with two beds! We do, too! Now we can sit on their beds with them to read or play.
Lizzie's school celebrated Dr. Seuss week, which ended in February and started in March (some pictures of the wacky week are in the February album). The kids learned a lot about rhyming that week!
They aren't the only ones learning. As the girls grow I learn more about their personalities and bodies. It turns out Lizzie gets hot flashes when I blow dry her hair (I wonder where she gets that?). She got that glazed over look in her eyes, said she thought she was going to throw up and needed to sit down. FLASHBACKS! (Hense the pictures of her with a bucket on the balcony while it was about 34 degrees outside.)
After Lizzie cooled off, we finished getting ready for her birthday party. She is a beautiful little girl (bossy, but beautiful)! We were so lucky to have family come celebrate her sixth birthday with us. While they only live 2.5 hours away, they all live just as busy lives as us, and this was their first visit of the year! A few of her friends that also attended the tea party were Brenely, Jaycee, Hannah and Duncan. Jaycee is the acclaimed "BFF" and Duncan is her supposed future groom. I have to admit that they are both adorable children, as are Brenely and Hannah!
Lizzie's 6th Birthday Tea Party Pictures
After the party, Lizzie took a short nap... ok, who am I kidding?! She zonked out not 10 minutes after being home and I had to wake her up 10 minutes before her Daddy was supposed to pick her up! She looked absolutely glamorous in her red-rose dress! I don't know much of what happened at the Father-Daughter Dance (I am just the Mother), but the theme was Princess and the Frog and my little princess passed out in the car on the way home. What a big day for a little girl. She sure will have some great memories!
We had a break in the cold weather (47 degrees!) and I took Becca for her first bike ride of the year. She LOVES riding her bike! Half way through her ride (and my jog) her petal fell off. She said we just needed to call Stephy to come fix it - HA! That girl will learn that we can fix things on our own... sometimes (I got lucky this time - sadly, not so much on the Kinnect a week later).
What I do seem to be good at is helping Lizzie with her guitar lesson! Next week she will learn Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Here is a clip of our practice (and her play - as her lessons need to remain fun if she is going to enjoy them).
Other events you will see pictures of: The girls and I went out to Joan's house and saw her new pony (a Shetland Pony). We also got to see the stallion and mare, two large pot-belly pigs and a flock of chickens. The girls really enjoyed running out in the open countryside!
Last Saturday Lizzie took the Level II Ski Lesson! She went down a few times with Stephen and then also got to go down a few times with Matt, who took his first ski lesson that day, too! I spent most of the time taking pictures from the lodge until it was time to go tubing! My fearless girls both enjoyed being pushed from the top of the tube hill and then flying down by themselves.
On Sunday, we saw a break in the rain and decided to go out for a bike ride (on my new mountain bike). Even though it started back up while we were getting the bikes out, we were already out, so just kept going. Unfortunately it then started to hail... it was cold, my face and fingers hurt and we were covered in muddy water from our tires spinning, BUT we both had a GREAT time! I am looking forward to another ride soon whether it be in rain, hail, or (hopefully) some much missed sunshine.
Today was another rainy day, but thankfully the Looff Carousel at Riverfront Park is indoors. It was the Central Valley Kindergarten's Final Family Fun Day! So the kids got to ride as much as they could from 5pm-8pm (or 6:30pm in our case) and the facility was rented out completely by the PTO, so the kids could run around with their friends while we watched from the side without intruding on their elementary social statuses OR worrying about outside intruders/strangers. Lizzie got to spend more time away from school with Brenley, Duncan, Colton and Aiden. Both girls came home exhausted, inhaled two English muffin pizzas and crashed. I love events like this!
This weekend is a BIG weekend - Stephen turns (dun dun dunnnn) 31. Okay, so, not that huge, but what is huge is his whole family is coming up from Seattle and Portland to celebrate with us! We haven't seen most of them since Thanksgiving and we are really looking forward to visiting with everyone. Especially since the girls will be here all weekend with us, too (they love Oma and Opa)!
I am no longer working for FREE! Ok, except for the 20+ hours for LLCT. Oh, and for the Rotary Club's RIM Ride. But other than that - done! :)
Update on LLCT: This weekend is our first Reader's Theatre of Anne of Green Gables, which Stephen was cast as the Narrator. We are looking for a new Chairman of Production and I finally put my foot down to taking on everyone's responsibilities, so... there are no upcoming production planned as of now. (On a plus side - it looks like I am going to get to enjoy a pretty fun and flexible summer!)
Also, I have added a few more pictures to the February album.
March 2012 Pictures