April Showers 2012

The last weekend of Mach I surprised Stephen with a getaway at Silver Mountain. I arranged everything, including having one of our good friends, Jeremy, come up Saturday morning with his daughter, Ashley, and meeting Matt in Coeur d'Alene, so Lizzie could join Stephen and the others on the slopes. (Matt took Becca to the waterpark at Triple Play.) After a few hours of skiing, I took the girls to get some lunch, drove Lizzie back to CDA and let Ashley rest a bit before we met back up with the men and dove into Silver Rapids Indoor Waterpark! Stephen and I spend the night and most of the following day lounging, eating, hot-tubing and walking around Coeur d'Alene before heading back home. It was a weekend we'll remember for a long time.

Thankfully, we had that weekend to relax, because this last week was Lizzie's SPRING BREAK, and boy did we pack it full!
  • Monday they spend the day with their dad, who took them to Jump 'n Bounce.
  • Tuesday the girls and I had a playdate with one of Becca's friends from Stepping Stone, Addison, and her mom, Michelle. Becca loves Addison and the girls were overwhelmed with fun from McDonald's lunch and playing at Rocky Hill Park. I really enjoy talking with Michelle and hope to plan more playdates, soon.
  • Wednesday we had Savannah, another one of Becca's missed friends from Stepping Stone, over for a few hours to play and have lunch. But the real ciaos began after 3pm, when Lizzie's two close girlfriends from Kindergarten came over for a sleepover! Jaycee and Brenley are adorable and sweet girls! Stephen met the five of us girls us at the Valley YMCA, where we swam and played in the water until we were all (mostly Becca) pretty tired and ready for some pizza! Pizza, rootbeer, cupcakes, popsicles... I think I read Becca seven stories until she crashed in her bed around 8:30ish. The six-year-olds, however, were WIDE awake after they finished Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs around 9pm. They were sharing our queen air mattress in the living room when Lizzie started to doze off a bit (or at least make herself snuggly) during Peter Pan, but I still had to ask the girls to stop giggling and talking after 11pm!
  • I don't know how they do it, but they were all still up and at 'em by 7am! Stephen was ready for the morning and made them all cinnamon rolls and helped them build a massive fort in the living room. Also on Thursday, the girls got hair cuts and we all drove to Pasco to stay at Grammy and Bumpa's house.
  • On Friday we drove to Biggs and met up with Stephen's mom, Inge, aunt Nettie (visiting from Germany), sister, Alexis, and her sons Sebastian and Jalee. We had a picnic at the Maryshill State Park, played "Ox on the Maintain, 1, 2, 3" which is a game like "Red Light, Green Light." Then we walked around the park, almost sank the boat dock, threw some rocks in the river and then drove over to Stonehenge.
  • We got back to Pasco in time to have pizza with Grammy and Bumpa. The girls opened Easter baskets full of candy and surprises, went hot-tubbing with Cooper and were up passed 10pm that night watching movies and playing, while we played card games. :)
On Saturday, we took the kids over to the Trek for the big Easter Egg Hunt, which turns out to be just as unorganized and crazy as any other Easter Egg hunt run by a city. I hope I remember this next year and just plan one in the yard or something - would beat having the kids wait outside in the cold in their cute little dresses! Fortunately, the weather warmed up and the kids were able to play together outside most of the afternoon. Lizzie loved going for rides with my Uncle BJ on his Jalopy, Becca hasn't been happier with her two giant bags of candy, and my mom's Prime Rib melted in our mouths! What a great Saturday! We drove back that night to make sure we were home in case the Easter Bunny visited the house Sunday morning.
The girls woke up to Easter baskets and plastic eggs hidden everywhere.

It is clear that Becca's vision is far-sided, as she had absolutely no problem finding the eggs - and fast! Last week I took Becca into the optometrist, because when she had to sound out words she would hold the pages extremely close to her face. Becca had a great first visit with the eye doctor, but we did find that she needs reading glasses. She picked out a pair of adorable Disney wire frames with butterflies. She has asked me at least once a day when she will get to wear her new glasses (they should be in next week).

Two weeks ago Lizzie learned how to play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
on her guitar. Today Lizzie learned how to play "Yankee Doodle Dandy."

If you look at this month's pictures you can see how freakishly our weather is here. When we went into the YMCA to go swimming the sun was shining. A few hours later we were running through the hail to get to the car!

Also, I have added a few more pictures to the March album.

April 2012 Pictures