Oktober 2012

This month Mojo got a mohawk haircut down his back and he looked super cute and a little spunky. I had planned to paint the stripe white for a Halloween skunk, but after looking at how unhealthy hairdyes are for pets I decided the mohawk was more than enough of a fun costume for our Mojo. And he loved the extra attention he got from the fun hairdoo, especially from all the kids when we pick up the girls from school!

I went on my first and most likely only motorcycle ride! It was surprisingly relaxing, mostly because I trusted Jeanette to take good care of us. But motorcycles are dangerous and she sold her bike.

Stephen planned another awesome trip for us, this time in Leavenworth for Oktoberfest! Our good friends, Nicky and Jeremy joined us for the weekend and we had a blast tasting cheeses, trying on hats and of course drinking beer. I don't think there is a better place to spend Oktoberfest in Washington! Next year will be Leavenworth's 50th anniversary, so it is sure to be another great getaway!

Sadly, my time with Rainmaker was short lived, as they realized their company is not only for small businesses, but also meant to be a small business. We are still considering a commission only position, but I am content being at home and available for my girls at any moment. Rainmaker remains the best and most creative company and I still hope to work with their awesome team someday!

Since available, I was extremely lucky to be able to join Becca on the CVKC Carver Farms Field Trip! She got to pick corn off the stocks, choose a pumpkin from the patch, take a ride on the tractor and learn about autumn on the farm. The best part for me was watching her interact with all her friends from class!

Stephen and I were busy for several weekends performing Hit the Road, Jack, which was our most successful (non-musical) show. We had three sold out performances!  I really enjoy directing and Stephen is a natural on stage, but it would still be a dream to have my/our own theatre house. We decided to take a break from December's production and create a complete 2013 schedule. I am still searching for a location, but less optimistic about finding something in Liberty Lake.

Since I was busy with the play, Matt was able to take the girls to "Veggie Tales Live! for me." We still watch the movies together and I think they had a blast seeing the characters perform live.

We took the girls to the CVKC McTeacher night, where several of the teachers and office staff worked the local McDonalds restaurant. The girls were ecstatic to introduce us to everyone and play with their friends. As a child I can see how fun this event is, but as a parent this is the most overwhelming and loud fundraiser I've been to! I am thrilled that is the last year we will have to go to that event!

I got an email from Becca's teacher apologizing in advance for not catching her sooner, but she was nice enough to send the chunk of hair Becca cut off home with her. When I asked Becca why she cut the 12+ inches, she said it was because it was in her face and she wanted me to cut it really short again. She said if I didn't she was going to continue to try to get it cut, so it was off to the salon with us for a nice new due, which she loves. She promised not to cut her hair on her own again and instead ask to go to the salon!

Our friends, Jenn and Matt, hosted a Halloween costume party and Stephen and I dressed up as cowboy/cowgirl. That meant I got to wear the beautiful hat we got in Leavenworth! Jeanette and Dan went as the Cat in the Hat and Thing 1. Jeanette looked gorgeous as always!

The girls dressed up for Halloween as a bumblebee (Becca) and a jack-o-lantern (Lizzie). They were adorable and I had a great time going to both their school's harvest parties. Becca's class paraded in their costumes around the school. Lizzie's class had Halloween themed stations, complete with a slimy spaghetti/brain eyeball search. I watched the girls this year and saw my Halloweens limited for the years they will be this excited about Trick-or-Treating and dressing up.

Supergirls Fall Soccer
Fall Photo Shoot

October 2012 Pictures